This is a half-day course.
Course required for Masters, officers, and other personal designated on muster lists to assist passengers in emergency situations.
The course shall include:
- Awareness of life-saving appliances and control plans including knowledge on muster list and emergency instructions
- Emergencies exit, ability to give clear orders
- Control of passengers in all areas of the vessel
- Maintaining escape routs
- Special requirements for persons with disabilities/special needs
- Searching accommodation spaces
Also mustering procedures including:
- Keeping order, techniques for reducing/avoiding panic, to enlist assistance from suitable passengers and to ensure passengers are suitable clothed and have lifejackets on correctly.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
National approvals: Ireland.